apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: apr_redis
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 13:24:35 GMT
Hi Jim,

FWIW, mod_pagespeed has a redis interface in C++, and is based on hiredis
<https://github.com/redis/hiredis/tree/010756025e8cefd1bc66c6d4ed3b1648ef6f1f95>
.

It's all in
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/tree/master/pagespeed/system .

https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache.h
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache.cc
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache_cluster_setup.cc
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache_cluster_setup.h
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache_cluster_setup_main.cc
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache_cluster_test.cc
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/master/pagespeed/system/redis_cache_test.cc

Important questions about Redis strategy-- beyond which underlying API to
use -- arise with handling clustering or other mechanisms to have more than
one server.  For mod_pagespeed we chose clustering, which is a little bit
more complicated than the apr_memcache equivalent, because it allows
configurations to dynamically update.

-Josh