apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: Optimization, modern C and APR 2.0 onwards
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:53:01 GMT
+1

As long as we don’t require complete/100% C99 at this time.

Microsoft only intends to implement the C99 subset that is also part of the recent C++ specs
(or just easy to do) in Visual Studio, and in most cases it already does in the most recent
version.

But talking specifically about inline… I think it had that in VC 6.0/1998.

Personally my interest stops below the VS 2008 version. I won’t object on breaking support
for older versions.

(This is +- what we support with Subversion. VS2005 should still work as there are not many
differences with 2008, but nobody in the project tested anything older in a long time.)

                Bert