apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for APR 2.0?
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:14:43 GMT
> Several years ago, we combined the functionality of apr and apr-util,
> and that library no longer draws in sub-dependencies until specific
> components are necessary (dbm providers, dbd providers, crypto
> providers etc).
>
> It seems overtime that we produce a release based on that effort, I'm
> offering in absence of other volunteers to prepare an -alpha candidate
> in mid-September.
>
> We don't work on the same clock as downstream distributors, so
> whatever effort we make in Sept won't see broad distribution until
> 2016.  But if the httpd, svn and other consumers have successfully
> integrated with the 2.0 trunk/ development effort, it seems like this
> is a good time to begin to make that happen.
>
> Thoughts/comments/roadblocks/showstoppers?

I've been trying to test APR trunk on the latest and greatest OSX beta.
Quite a few weird results ...

For starters, the HAVE_FDATASYNC symbols is defined in
arch/unix/apr_private.h, even though there's no such function on OSX.
The compiler does warn about the missing prototype for fdatasync(), but
AC_TEST_FUNCS doesn't seem to care about that ...

The result is a number of test failures (some of which seem to be test
suite bugs) and crashes in the tests.

I'll invesigate further.

-- Brane