apr-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject GCC (only?) and strict aliasing rules
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:47:51 GMT
It seems that some versions of gcc still play bad with APR_RINGs when
optimizations are on (O2).
At least I can see warning when rings are created on the stack (eg.
httpd's mpm_event, htcacheclean), and PR 57800 is possibly related
(infinite loop with gcc-4.8 which I think is related to the assemby
generated for APR_BRIGADE_PREPEND).

How about adding/forcing -fno-strict-aliasing to APR flags (and
include it apr1-config and related so that it is also exported to the
user)?
And what would be the way to do that if that's acceptable?

Thanks,
Yann.