apr-dev mailing list archives

From Zachary Greve <ztgr...@live.com>
Subject RE: A question
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 20:17:09 GMT

I see. I found a library that is based on Mono's implementation of the System.Text.Encoding
system, and I am using that instead.

The library is Portable.Text.Encoding.

Thanks.
From: bert@qqmail.nl
To: ztgreve@live.com; dev@apr.apache.org
Subject: RE: A question
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 19:04:01 +0200

                Hi Zachary, I’m not sure if you should really look at APR-Iconv for new
code. The code hasn’t been updated in a long time and is basically dead. (Not too long ago
there was a suggestion to remove the library as it is basically unused now that Subversion
uses a Win32 specific implementation. On unix platforms APR code usually just uses the platform
specific iconv libraries) Doesn’t the C#/.Net standard library most of the features you
need directly? I would guess that this would make things much easier for you to maintain long
term.                 Bert From: Zachary Greve [mailto:ztgreve@live.com]