apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.5.2
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:10:23 GMT
Could it be that we are seeing a race condition... that the
data isn't available by the time we wakeup and poll?

> On Apr 28, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/28/2015 08:52 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Under FreeBSD 10, I see no issue w/ testpoll.
>>
>> So it's looking like an OSX issue and not kqueue per-se.
>
> Fails on FreeBSD 9 (also kqueue)...
>
> Note that this is a new test I added in 1.5.2-dev.  The history of that is something
like this:

> * I had an uncommitted change to poll on my OS X box for a long time, to report APR_INTR
(4) when both data and wakeup occurred, along with configure bits to use poll instead of kqueue.
> * I committed the change to poll recently but luckily Yann didn't let me get away with
it.
> * As penance, I added a test to confirm that when both data and wakeup occur the caller
sees APR_SUCCESS instead of APR_EINTR.

> But with N apr_pollset_poll() implementations they may not be acting consistently.  We
should see if the kqueue implementation can change behaviors intermittently???