apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.5.2
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:15:39 GMT
On 04/26/2015 11:59 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 4/25/2015 6:39 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> +/-1
>> [  ] Release APR 1.5.2 as GA
>
> Win 8.1, VS 2013 x86, zip, retro build
> apr tests lib&dll pass
> httpd-2.4.12 build regression
>
> Win Vista, VS 2008 x86, zip, retro build
> apr tests lib&dll pass
> httpd-2.4.12 build regression
> apr-1.lib(rand.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__UuidCreate@4 referenced in function _apr_os_uuid_get@4
> This happens on many projects in /support that link to the static lib
> (ab, httdigest, etc.).
>
> I'm kind of stumped as to what change has done this. I can easily
> compensate for it in httpd and is probably the best way on the retro
> build.
>
> I'm +/-0

My best guess as to the trigger: file_io/win32/pipe.c now uses
apr_generate_random_bytes() which is implemented in the same file that
has the only call to UuidCreate() (rand.obj).

I wonder if some objects can be omitted from apr-1.lib based on their
use within the library :(  I see " /OPT:REF eliminates functions and
data that are never referenced; /OPT:NOREF keeps functions and data that
are never referenced. ...  By default, /OPT:REF is enabled in non-debug
builds." at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bxwfs976.aspx