apr-dev mailing list archives

From wr...@rowe-clan.net
Subject RE: Re: [VOTE] Release APR-util 1.5.4
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:12:08 GMT
--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release APR-util 1.5.4
From: "Rainer Jung" <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
Date: 9/19/14 1:13 pm
To: "APR Developer List" <dev@apr.apache.org>

Am 19.09.2014 um 18:37 schrieb wrowe@rowe-clan.net:
 > Aren't most of these issues resolved by correctly using pkg-config where
 > it is available?

 pkg-config doesn't help for

 - crypto configure for OpenSSL expected to fail at least on Solaris,
 because when linking against the libssl we need
 the additional flags "-ldl -lsocket -lnsl". Currently
 there's no way to fix this apart from hacking configure.
 For Linux I'm not sure, but likely you'll need "-ldl".
 Just for fun, I looked at my Solaris 1.0.1i builds...

Libs: -L${libdir} -lssl -lcrypto
Libs.private: -L${libdir} -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lz
Cflags: -I${includedir}
 This looks like a failure on the part of openssl install if .  It should be writing the -lsocket
-lnsl -ldl -lz for libs as well as libs.private, if this doesn't work as you claim.
 I tried ldd, and got;
 ldd libcrypto.so.1.0.0
 libsocket.so.1 => /lib/64/libsocket.so.1
 libnsl.so.1 => /lib/64/libnsl.so.1
 libdl.so.1 => /lib/64/libdl.so.1
 libz.so => /usr/lib/64/libz.so
 libc.so.1 => /lib/64/libc.so.1
 libmp.so.2 => /lib/64/libmp.so.2
 libmd.so.1 => /lib/64/libmd.so.1
 libscf.so.1 => /lib/64/libscf.so.1
 libdoor.so.1 => /lib/64/libdoor.so.1
 libuutil.so.1 => /lib/64/libuutil.so.1
 libgen.so.1 => /lib/64/libgen.so.1
 libm.so.2 => /lib/64/libm.so.2
 /platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
 /platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120/lib/sparcv9/libmd_psr.so.1
 so if you are linking dynamically on Solaris, you shouldn't have to provide the -lsocket
-lnsl -ldl etc, because the libcrypto.so.1.0.0 already resolves these.
 No?
 Or are you trying to build against a static openssl lib?