apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Pool freelist
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 19:37:17 GMT
Yeah, that thread, and Greg's work w/ pocore, are kind of
the origins of this question. The thing is that awhile ago,
(I mean way awhile ago), I recall us trying to simply replace
pools w/ malloc/free (Paul was the main dude in this case)
and we got terrible performance...

It's now ~6 years later and so wondering if just bypassing
the pool freelist is now viable, at least as a compile-time
(or allocator) option.