apr-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Building apr on win32
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:52:30 GMT
Christopher,

> All,
>
> On 6/18/14, 12:44 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Greg,

>>> If I don't need to build libapr statically, then I don't need to do
>>> anything special, right? My understanding is that, when building the
>>> final tcnative artifact, I will only need to build /that/ statically, right?
>>>
>>> Anyhow, I've been making some progress to the point where I have a
>>> scripted up to the point of building APR. I've patched the APR sources
>>> to some extent (e.g. enabling IPV6) and I wanted to know if I still had
>>> to build from apr-util, or if it's possible to simply build apr (without
>>> apr-util and apr-iconv)?
>>>
>>> It appears that I can build apr only, but the files you mentioned
>>> patching above to support OpenSSL are in apr-util.
>> Duh, apr-util is definitely required. I went back and re-read your
>> instructions more carefully and it was clear it is required.
>>
>> APR has built and is running all its tests.
>>
>> We'll see what happens when I get to the tcnative stage ;)
>>
>> Thanks for all the help!
> I've run into a problem with the tests. Can anyone comment on whether or
> not these are spurious test errors, highly environmental, etc.?
>

>          [....]
>          [....]
>          [....]
>          link.exe /nologo /debug /subsystem:console /incremental:no
> /out:"Release
> \dbd.exe" Release\dbd.obj ..\..\apr\Release\libapr-1.lib
> ..\Release\libaprutil-1
> .lib kernel32.lib advapi32.lib ws2_32.lib wsock32.lib  ole32.lib
> shell32.lib rpc
> rt4.lib wldap32.lib
>          echo Testing dbd sqlite2&&  Release\dbd.exe sqlite2 || echo Failed
> Testing dbd sqlite2
> Internal error loading sqlite2.
>          echo Testing dbd sqlite3&&  Release\dbd.exe sqlite3 || echo Failed
> Testing dbd sqlite3
> Internal error loading sqlite3.
> Testing Release\testall.exe
> teststrmatch        : SUCCESS
> testuri             : SUCCESS
> testuuid            : SUCCESS
> testbuckets         : SUCCESS
> testpass            : SUCCESS
> testmd4             : SUCCESS
> testmd5             : SUCCESS
> testcrypto          : SUCCESS
> testldap            : SUCCESS
> testdbd             : SUCCESS
> testdate            : SUCCESS
> testmemcache        : -Error 730061 occurred attempting to reach
> memcached on lo
> calhost:11211.  Skipping apr_memcache tests...
> SUCCESS
> testxml             : SUCCESS
> testxlate           : -Line 63: expected<0>, but saw<22>
> FAILED 1 of 1
> testrmm             : SUCCESS
> testdbm             : SUCCESS
> testqueue           : SUCCESS
> testreslist         : SUCCESS
> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testxlate                   1      1    100.00%
> [...]

The xlate one is normal on Windows. I know there was talk about it long
ago on this list but I forgot what the conclusion was. I'd have to run
the test here and look to see what else is "normal to fail" on Win.

As far as static libs vs. dynamic in your previous mail, both are built
and you should see this test twice. This one shown above (libaprutil-1)
is for the dll, apr-1/aprutil-1.lib is the static libs located in /libr
of each tree after build.

Gregg