apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Building apr on win32
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:36:54 GMT
Greg,

On 6/13/14, 12:24 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> Old instrucions for building in IDE really. If you want to build in the
> IDE just open apr-util.dsw and allow VC to convert.
>
> If you want to build at the command line;

Yeah, I'd like something that I can script. Right now, there's basically
one guy who knows how to build tcnative on win32. We're trying to change
that ;)

> On 6/13/2014 8:49 AM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to build apr on win32 from the command-line and I'm running
>> into some resistance. I'm using Visual Studio 12 on Windows 8.1. I have
>> installed the "Windows SDK" as well to try to help, but it doesn't seem
>> to have improved things.
>>
>> I'm following the instructions found here:
>> http://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html
>>
>> I have downloaded the ZIP files for apr, apr-util, and apr-iconv and put
>> them into the requisite directories.
>>
>> I've run VS's VC\bin\vcvars32.bat to get the build tools in the path,
>
> From here cd to c:\work\apr-util then
>
> nmake /f makefile.win ARCH="Win32 Release" buildall checkall
>
> See the makefile.win file for all possible options.

Okay, that seems to get started, but I haven't told it where to find
OpenSSL. I'd like to make sure that the crypto routines get built, and
makefile.win doesn't really make it clear (to me, anyway) how to specify
where the OpenSSL libraries, headers, etc. exist.

It looks like ../crypto/[cryptos] should exist and perhaps it will
automatically look for ../crypto/openssl/stuff. Do I have that right?

> VC11 (2012) does not like precompiled headers in apr-iconv, you will
> need to edit
> c:\work\apr-iconv\build\modules.mk.win and remove;
>
> /Yciconv.h
> /Yuiconv.h
>
> from the file, save and then build.

I'll try with a stock check-out. If I run across any errors, I'll remove
those files and rebuild.

Thanks,
-chris