apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Building apr on win32
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:49:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to build apr on win32 from the command-line and I'm running
into some resistance. I'm using Visual Studio 12 on Windows 8.1. I have
installed the "Windows SDK" as well to try to help, but it doesn't seem
to have improved things.

I'm following the instructions found here:
http://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html

I have downloaded the ZIP files for apr, apr-util, and apr-iconv and put
them into the requisite directories.

I've run VS's VC\bin\vcvars32.bat to get the build tools in the path,
but I don't have a setenv.bat anywhere (suggested in the above
instructions). When I get to the step where I run "msdev" (which
basically /does the build/), I can't find the msdev program:

C:\Users\Me\Desktop\apr-util>msdev aprutil.dsw /MAKE "apriconv - Win32
Release"
'msdev' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm no win32 build expert, but I have quite a bit of experience building
on *NIX systems. Can anyone help me get things going on Windows?

Thanks,
-chris