apr-dev mailing list archives

From Helmut Tessarek <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: digest functions and validation - part 2
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 08:18:24 GMT
On 15.05.14 13:28 , Eric Covener wrote:
> I think there's some disconnect about the role of APR.

No, I think I do understand the concept of the runtime quite well.
I'm just saying that if there's support for sha1, then there should be support
for (better/safer) more recent algorithms as well.
Especially since the most used ones these days are sha256, sha512 and bcrypt.

But as I mentioned before, I wasn't aware that bcrypt had already been
implemented in APR and also being used by httpd.

> But setting that aside, what's missing is someone doing the actual
> work, not some principle keeping it out.

Well, I can do that. However, there are a few conceptional details I'd like to
discuss first.

regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://sks.pkqs.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D

   await thee at its end.