apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: documentation for module crypto missing
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 21:57:33 GMT
On Wednesday 07 May 2014 17:32:51, Helmut Tessarek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The page at
> http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.5/group___a_p_r___util___crypt
> o.html is empty.

Good question. When I generate the docs locally, it has content.

> Also, where can I find information on when a function was added?

That info seems to be missing in the docs, unfortunately. Looking up
in the CHANGES or in the svn history seems to be the only way.

> More to the point: which apr-util release added the
> apr_bcrypt_encode or the bcrypt code?

Changes with APR-util 1.5.0

  *) apr_password_validate, apr_bcrypt_encode: Add support for bcrypt
     encoded passwords. The bcrypt implementation uses code from
     crypt_blowfish written by Solar Designer <solar openwall com>.
     apr_bcrypt_encode creates hashes with "$2y$" prefix, but
     apr_password_validate also accepts the old prefix "$2a$". PR
     49288. [Stefan Fritsch]