apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting an apr_array
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:35:41 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28.04.2014 13:06, Nick Kew wrote:
> > I find myself wanting to sort an APR array.
> >
> > As it stands I can hack it using the array innards from apr_tables.h:
> >
> >     qsort(arr->elts, arr->nelts, arr->elt_size, my_compare);
> >
> > Any interest in APR-izing that into an apr_array_sort function
> > (and a complementary apr_array_sort_r)?
>
> Subversion uses this in any number of places. We also have functions for
> sorting hash tables into arrays, if you're looking for code examples.
>
> -- Brane

I'm not sure how feasible this is without writing the code, but in lieu of
the dearth of high level array support (think of the mess of casting and
counting asterisks) perhaps it is feasible to save a function with the
array that can identify the "key" data in an array element, and sorting or
testing membership or perhaps other operations would use the same
mechanism.  I dunno.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/