apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No v1.6.x branch?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:16:00 GMT
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2014, at 3:00 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't think so; regardless, the concern about maintaining another
> branch that isn't being released is pretty simple to resolve:
> >
> > Identify what additions you think are compelling reasons for another
> branch and approximately when you think it should be released.
>
> r1588878, and soon if practical, given we've just released v1.5.1.

What does that commit have to do with having just released 1.5.1?

> Complicating the issue is that we're now forced to go back through changes
> on trunk that we might have missed, a time consuming process that would
> have been significantly easier had the backport been done at the time where
> it made sense.

New features seem rather easy to follow using trunk/CHANGES and-or a diff
of the include directories.  For finer detail, it is much easier for a
person who cares to record revision numbers of desired feature backports in
trunk/STATUS than for everyone to have to touch an additional branch for
bug fixes, and then double check before we actually release it since we've
had issues with that in the past.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/