apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: No v1.6.x branch?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:50:05 GMT
On 21 Apr 2014, at 3:38 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's bring this down to earth.  Do you to promote a 1.6.x branch/release soon-ish (e.g.,
within a month or so) and discuss what new features various developers are interested in promoting
for 1.6.x, or do you just want to have the branch pick up changes steadily until 1.6.x gradually
acquires different constituencies that want/need a feature relase?

Promote a v1.6.x soonish would be good for me. I have a need to teach the ap_expr parser how
to escape LDAP in order to support the ability to handle arbitrary expressions in both of
httpd's "require ldap-filter" and a proposed "require ldap-search".

Right now we support expressions in "require ldap-filter" but we don't have the ability to
escape LDAP sequences, which limits the usefulness of the feature. mod_authnz_ldap had buried
escaping in it that I missed when I tried to tease all the escaping code out of httpd, which
was a pity.

Regards,
Graham