On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

                Hi,

On Windows apr_arch_misc.h checks for the ‘WINNT’ define, which was unconditionally defined on Windows before the CMake build. But now it is no longer defined. This enables some additional dynamic load operations that could fail in some cases (See “Race condition in APR_DECLARE_LATE_DLL_FUNC() implementation”).

There's also a potential for other breakage, e.g., by not using Unicode FS operations.

Even libaprutil.rc looks for WINNT.  I'm not sure that it can find it, though; I guess that was copied from libapr.rc without creating a way to define it.

We could fix this by defining WINNT, but we might as well just remove the check as we don’t support systems older than NT 4.0 anyway..

                Bert

I thought we didn't either, but the support was never removed from the traditional Windows build system or from the code.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/