Under the assumption that the httpd-2.2.X branch is suppossed to be runninf under the apr*-1.4.X branches I am rebuilding all from scratch and including make check.

With apr-1.4.8 on AIX I am getting an error - testsock returns 1-of 9 errors.
More difficult for me is the apr-util make check failure:
===
testxml             : SUCCESS
testxlate           : |/bin/sh[17]: 815296 Segmentation fault(coredump)
Programs failed: testall
make[1]: *** [check] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2/test'
make: *** [check] Error 2
root@x093:[/data/prj/apache/apr/apr-util-1.4.2]
===
1. Does anyone remember if this is something seen before, and hopefully not important.
2. What is the simple change to the tests to skip testxlate and run to finish, and worry about testxlate later.

p.s. cross posting (hope that is okay) as I have an embedded question: should I even be bothering with the apr*1.4.X versions?