On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 02:20:00 +0100
Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> On 05.11.2013 22:51, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > On 05 Nov 2013, at 11:04 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> TIA! (ping)
> >>
> >> If nobody in the gen_test_char-with-traditional-Windows-build
> >> sub-thread knows what I'm talking about, please let me know.
> >> Maybe I am confusedabout the planned work.
> >
> > (Am on holiday and travelling, so have limited time, but this was
> > reasonably straightforward)
> >
> > This patch removes the APR specific stuff (and therefore the
> > chicken-and-egg problem) and Works for Me() on MacOSX 10.8. Is
> > this good enough to work on Windows and other platforms (Linux,
> > etc)?
> I would prefer to keep the unsigned char casts ...

If the iterator is an unsigned int the promotion should be identical in
behavior according to K&R v2, the oldest reference I can find.

Graham's patch is now in trunk and 1.5.x. I guess that's what Gregg tested. It works for me on Linux and with the cmake-based build on Windows.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/