On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:56:58 +0100
Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Personally I think people doing out of tree builds are a minority and
> can cope with a small Makefile patch. Theyshould be OK with it already
> being fixed for the next release, so for me it wouldn't be a reason to
> vote -1.

Nor would I, although all of my builds are out of tree, not one isn't
patched to cure some ail.  So I would work around it, like Ranier, but
it might be good if all of our builds run out-of-the-box, in parallel.

I'm thinking mostly of 32 vs. 64 bit builds by any casual consumer.

I'll post a patch and mention it in the announcement.

I'm a bit aggravated because I did try an out-of-tree build when I was trying to get gen_test_char building properly, but out-of-tree is not my habit on Unix so there was a very small window within a series of changes for me to catch it.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/