apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testdup test fails when compiled in debug mode on Windows
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:13:51 GMT
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Mike Rumph <mike.rumph@oracle.com> wrote:

> The apr_file_dup2() function in apr/file_io/win32/filedup.c calls
> _commit() for standard file handles 0, 1 and 2.
> The _commit() function will assert with the message "Invalid file
> descriptor. File possibly closed by a different thread" or return a value
> of -1 if the file handle refers to a device.
> The assert will appear if APR is compiled in debug mode.
>
> This can be seen by running "testall.exe testdup".
> But if file redirection is used (such as "testall.exe testdup > outfile
> 2>&1"), then the test completes successfully.
>
> I have attached a patch that corrects this problem by checking _isatty().
>
> Credit goes to Jeff Trawick for catching this problem in the first place.

Well, there's a lot of unhappiness when you have to answer the
abort/retry/ignore dialog when you run httpd with a debug flavor of apr ;)

> Thanks,
>
> Mike Rumph

The existing flush-stdin path sure looks funny now that it is highlighted
by the format of the patch, but that's not related to this bug and google
seems to think that it is acceptable on Windows.

I hope to commit shortly.  Thanks!

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/