apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Link errors in apr_atomic with VS2013
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:26:21 GMT
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:49:22 -0800 (PST)
> Arsen Chaloyan <achaloyan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > These errors are caused by the use of the new Platform Toolset v120
> > which gets installed with VS2013. More specifically, the problem is
> > in the function cast wrappers defined in apr_atomic.c and used only
> > for Win32 (x86) platform. Taking out the function casts helps resolve
> > the link errors with a penalty of having warning messages instead.
>
> Each time I've seen such issues, there is some -Define flag to
> circumvent the silly MSVC design team's choices.  Please look into
> the headers to see if there is a more straightforward workaround to
> revert to the 'classic' behavior first.

Also, they probably have a support forum for early VS2013 adopters.  They
might be able to provide the right solution to work across releases.  (With
no more warnings; there are enough of those already to make it tedious to
spot when new ones arrive.)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/