apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1541745 - /apr/apr/branches/1.5.x/Makefile.in
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:23:22 GMT
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:56:58 +0100
> Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> >
> > Personally I think people doing out of tree builds are a minority and
> > can cope with a small Makefile patch. Theyshould be OK with it already
> > being fixed for the next release, so for me it wouldn't be a reason to
> > vote -1.
>
> Nor would I, although all of my builds are out of tree, not one isn't
> patched to cure some ail.  So I would work around it, like Ranier, but
> it might be good if all of our builds run out-of-the-box, in parallel.
>
> I'm thinking mostly of 32 vs. 64 bit builds by any casual consumer.
>
> I'll post a patch and mention it in the announcement.

I'm a bit aggravated because I did try an out-of-tree build when I was
trying to get gen_test_char building properly, but out-of-tree is not my
habit on Unix so there was a very small window within a series of changes
for me to catch it.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/