apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1410459 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/log-message-tags/next-number server/mpm/event/event.c server/mpm/eventopt/eventopt.c
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:56:40 GMT
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> I'm just curious why people never saw this on trunk...
> That code path is almost exactly a year old. No one has
> hit this in 12 months??

l rarely try trunk except on

* Windows, which uses a system mechanism regardless of compiler
* Linux or FreeBSD, 64-bit gcc builds

--/--

I'm curious what other scenarios will fail though.  I can try Sun Studio on
Solaris 10 x86_64 (32-bit and 64-bit builds) "soon".  But Sun Studio on
SPARC presumably uses different explicit code in APR and I don't have
access to that.

Right now it looks reasonable to change the ia32.c and os390/atomic.c
implementations in APR as described before, but there's no substitute for
actually trying the other atomic implementations, which look safe to me but
with little certainty.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/