apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SHA2 in APR
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 09:33:19 GMT

On 6 Nov 2013, at 07:37, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@apache.org> wrote:
>> Well, the alternatives are (a) relying on an extra dependency for my
>> Apache module, probably NSS or OpenSSL or both, or (b) pulling in a
>> semi-random copy of SHA2 from the internet and including that. If APR
>> already included a maintained version of SHA2 (and it looks like it
>> already does, except it's not exposed to external users), that would
>> definitely make things easier for me.
>
> Ping! Is this essentially of the table?

I had a brief look, and concluded it could rapidly lead to a lot of work.

An even briefer look just now in response to your ping suggests
I was missing your point, and that all you're asking for is that
random/unix/sha2.h be exposed in the public API.  Is that correct?

I would guess this code has never been tested, though there's
what looks like a placeholder in testpass.c.  Have you run it
at all?  How well does it work for you if you just copy sha2.h
manually to your APR include directory and use it for your module?

--
Nick Kew