apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: apr name-resolution (e.g. used in SVN) fails if /etc/resolv.conf points to nameserver IPv6-addresses
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 23:14:49 GMT
On 11/2/13 2:07 PM, darx@sent.com wrote:
> Using Subversion v1.8.4 to checkout repositories FAILs @ name-resolution
> if using a URL-target, rather than an IP-address-target, when resolvers
> in /etc/resolv.conf point to nameservers @ addresses.

I suspect that your distro provided APR does not have proper IPv6 support
included in it.  All of your tests are using HTTP which uses ra_serf in 1.8.x
and which ultimately uses the serf library.  Subversion provides the URL to the
serf library and the serf library is responsible for resolving it.  The serf
library uses APR as well.

As far as I can tell from your info in this email you aren't rebuilding serf
but are using a distro provided version or only built it once in which case
serf is using the distro provided APR.  Rebuild serf pointed at your rebuilt
APR with IPv6 support and I suspect you'll find that everything works fine.

To be perfectly honest, I'd a tad surprised that things work right at all if
serf is built against a different APR than Subversion is.