apr-dev mailing list archives

From Arsen Chaloyan <achalo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Link errors in apr_atomic with VS2013
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:00:18 GMT
Agree we should be careful with backward compatibility, but I unfortunately don't have anything
below VS2005 to test against.

Anyway, if it turns out the change has to be #ifdef-ed, which is most likely, then testing
_MSC_VER only is not enough or appropriate. Please note, if one uses VS2013 (_MSC_VER == 1800),
it doesn't necessarily mean that the Platform Toolset v120 is being used. Starting with VS2010,
it's possible to choose one of the available Platform Toolsets to build with.

So, either _MSC_VER_FULL should be used or a new preprocessor definition can be added, something
like _MSC_PT_VER=$(PlatformToolsetVersion) with further reference to _MSC_PT_VER >= 120.

Regards,
Arsen