On 02 Oct 2013, at 3:40 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

There is also the apr_escape API from v2.0 which has not been backported yet.

That doesn't work on Windows; relies (or just uses?) some non-portable escape sequence...  I see the warnings roll by during compile and the testcase fails but I haven't taken the time to investigate.

Another ping on those details.

The apr_escape API consists simply of code that has been historically scattered around the httpd codebase, none of the code is new. If there are warnings on Windows it could be caused by #ifdef's not correctly specified or something similar, without seeing any of the warnings though I cannot comment.

In the mean time I will backport the API to get the ball rolling.

Regards,
Graham