apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Ruppert ...@myarm.com>
Subject Re: apr-util and mariadb 5.5
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:43:18 GMT
Am 06.10.2013 14:36, schrieb Nick Kew:

> On 6 Oct 2013, at 11:38, olli hauer wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tested to build apr-util-1.5.2
>> with mariadb-5.5.33a instead of mysql-5.5.34?
>
> Is it supposed to work as a drop-in replacement?
> Do you think it could/should work with the same
> driver in APR?

Yes, it works.

We at MyARM use apr 1.4.2 and apropriate apr dbd drivers from apr-util
1.3.9. We build against mysql 5.1 and run tests against mysql 5.1, 5.5
and mariadb 5.5.

>> checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient_r… no
>
> Evidently it doesn't.  Is that because the API is different,
> or the library name?  Either way, if that were the only
> incompatibility it should be easy to work around.

The current official mariadb client library 1.0 is far away from being
source code compatible with mysql 5.5 client library. Currently we build
against mysql and test against both mysql and mariadb.

Regards,
Stefan