apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: gen_test_char build needs some help in the autoconf-based build
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:51:38 GMT
On 28 Oct 2013, at 11:01 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> apr trunk on Unix:
>
> It gets built then run only after all .o files are generated, so it doesn't have the
expected impact.

> .o/.lo/.libs (for gen_test_char) in tools don't get cleaned, so you may just see the
link invocation when you think you're building from scratch.

What happens if you delete include/private/apr_escape_test_char.h before starting the build?
Right now the file is checked in, but given that Windows builds produce different output to
Unix builds we may be forced to rebuild this header each time from scratch.

Regards,
Graham