apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr-util v1.6 branch?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:24:11 GMT
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I notice that we don't have an apr-util v1.6 branch at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/.
> Obviously there is no trunk branch, as trunk merged with apr, however
> ideally we still need a branch for further development in the v1.x stream.
> Should I create an apr-util-1.6.x branch from the head of
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.5.x/?

It makes sense to have it once we have changes that someone wants to
release in 1.x but which can't be released in 1.5.x.  (I guess you already
have such changes in mind so go for it ;) )

As we've had some trouble in the past keeping such next-1.x branches up to
date (mostly minor stuff like doxygen improvements that skipped 1.latest),
I think it is best to defer until actual use.

Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message