apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.4.7
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 14:28:46 GMT
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> confirm test fails on solaris/amd64 too
>>

> Unless I've missed something, no one has tested on Windows yet.  I'll try
> to test that in the next few hours to see if there is anything else obvious
> to fix before tagging 1.4.8.

1.4.7 built/tested with MinGW shows no regressions from 1.4.6:

 Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testdso                     5      4     80.00%
testmmap                    8      3     37.50%
testshm                     5      2     40.00%

testshm passes when run as administrator.  IIRC, testdso doesn't work from
MinGW until 1.5, and testmmap has a line ending glitch when you build from
.tar.*z -- some Windows code in the test program expects CRLF in a data
file.

With a Visual Studio 2010 build, testsock is failing inconsistently.  (no
fail, line 234, line 165, now I can't see a failure again ... )  Isn't this
the sort of issue Rainer reported in the past?

It *seems* that Windows has no regressions that are exposed by the APR test
suite, but to be more certain I'd need to bang on testsock a lot harder
with different versions/builds.