apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: How to convert char[] to char*?
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 21:25:59 GMT
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Graf László <grafl@datatrans.hu> wrote:
> I have a handler module which reads the HTTP response from a remote web
> server.
> In this module I have a
>
> char[] buf
>
> and it contains the bytes red using apr_socket_recv. With
>
> ap_log_perror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOTICE, 0, r->pool, apr_psprintf(r->pool,
> "<%s>", buf));
>
> I can see the buf's content in the error_log but the
>
> ap_rputs(apr_psprintf(r->pool, "%s", (char *)buf), r);
>
> fails. How can I convert this array to a char* to be able to put the HTTP
> response in the handler's request using ap_rputs?

You haven't given enough info to answer your question.  However, this
is really a question of how to write C so I'd point you to references
on C.

See this question on Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1790704/difference-between-square-brackets-and-asterisk

(that question is about C++ but as far as I know there's no difference
between the two in this case)