apr-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.4.7
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 18:09:13 GMT
Sorry this previously got sent to you Jeff, Thunderbird does that with
the APR list on reply.

On 5/6/2013 7:28 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com
> <mailto:trawick@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com
>     <mailto:covener@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         confirm test fails on solaris/amd64 too
>

>     Unless I've missed something, no one has tested on Windows yet.
>      I'll try to test that in the next few hours to see if there is
>     anything else obvious to fix before tagging 1.4.8.
>

> 1.4.7 built/tested with MinGW shows no regressions from 1.4.6:
>
>  Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testdso                     5      4     80.00%
> testmmap                    8      3     37.50%
> testshm                     5      2     40.00%
>
> testshm passes when run as administrator.  IIRC, testdso doesn't work
> from MinGW until 1.5, and testmmap has a line ending glitch when you
> build from .tar.*z -- some Windows code in the test program expects
> CRLF in a data file.

Known about the shm, and because the .dsp files must be CRLF, I've
always converted line endings prior to build and never run into this.

> With a Visual Studio 2010 build, testsock is failing inconsistently.
>  (no fail, line 234, line 165, now I can't see a failure again ... )
>  Isn't this the sort of issue Rainer reported in the past?
>
> It *seems* that Windows has no regressions that are exposed by the APR
> test suite, but to be more certain I'd need to bang on testsock a lot
> harder with different versions/builds.

I see no regressions with VC9 on Vista. It has my non-binding +1
Now, time to manually clean out the 16gig of test files that a clean misses.

Gregg