apr-dev mailing list archives

From TROY.LIU 劉春偉 <TROY....@DELTAWW.COM.CN>
Subject apr_palloc is not thread safe
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 01:44:58 GMT
Dear all,
  In our practice, we found two threads get same address returned by apr_palloc. It will happen
about one hour later after our server starts.
   We are using apr 1.4.5,  the issue still exists in the latest subversion.

APR_DECLARE(void *) apr_palloc(apr_pool_t *pool, apr_size_t in_size)
{
   …..

     /* If the active node has enough bytes left, use it. */
    if (size <= node_free_space(active)) {
        mem = active->first_avail;
        active->first_avail += size;

        return mem;
}
   ……
}

Best Regards
Chunwei Liu

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
message. [Delta Electronics, INC. China]