apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Lazar" <gregla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Building the apr runtime library appropriately for the worker MPM
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:03:52 GMT
The apr_file_lock routine, in the version of apr runtime library that I've currently built
uses fnctl which does not appear to be thread safe. I need to use the worker MPM, so is it
recommended that I build the apr runtime library to use flock instead. NFS file systems aren't
a concern in this case. I didn't know how extensively the apr_file_lock was used through the
rest of apache and if I'd be introducing any regressions by switching the apr runtime library
to use flock.

Thank you.