apr-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <phi...@codematters.co.uk>
Subject Re: undefined reference to `apr_pool_mutex_set'
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:57:57 GMT
"William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:14:31 +0000 (UTC)
> Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:
>> caused by this projects creative use of APR:
>> https://code.google.com/p/unimrcp/issues/detail?id=29
>> Is there anything I can do other than compile a sepcial version of
>> APR for this project's requirements?
> That's what happens when projects don't push hacks upstream :(
> Sorry we can't provide too much guidance.  If there is a submitted
> patch under the AL lying around somewhere, please flag it to the
> dev@ list for consideration.

The patch adds a mutex to apr_pool_t and locks the mutex in calls to
apr_palloc, apr_pool_clear and apr_pool_destroy.  That may make those
individual calls threadsafe but it doesn't really make pool use as a
the pool is left with dangling references.  It looks like a lot of
locking for no real gain.

View raw message