On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:42:12 -0400
Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:27:40 -0400
> > Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On second thoughts, scrub that.
> >
> > I'll commit to trunk, but we can't just remove stuff
> > willy-nilly from 1.5.x.  Sorry for the noise.
> >
> Umm, is it an API breakage if it acts as if FreeTDS wasn't found unless you
> build with an extra configure argument?  Yes for some definitions of API,
> but it may still be appropriate.  At least it doesn't force an application
> change or rebuild.

I guess that could make sense for 1.5.  Can't hack that now 'cos
I'm just heading off out, but I could try and find time (not today)
if you think it would be useful.

I was thinking in terms of the more complete removal we've
discussed here, in the absence of anyone who can maintain it.

I'll try to throw together something for 1.5.x and post it soon-ish.

Nick Kew

Born in Roswell... married an alien...