apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_freetds
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:50:56 GMT
On 22 Aug 2012, at 18:18, Nick Kew wrote:

> Is anyone in a position to take up the baton on FreeTDS?
> If not, perhaps it's time we dropped that driver in favour
> of the ODBC one.

In addition to this thread, I recently raised this on the PMC list.

I'm now proposing to turn talk into action.  That is to say, unless
someone comes up with a reasoned argument to retain it,
I'll delete it from SVN.  It'll still be in the archives for anyone
who wants it, and it is of course open to anyone to step up
as maintainer from your own site, or from a general-purpose
developer site like sourceforge or github.

I'd expect an argument to retain it to address current bugs,
future maintenance, and the problem of prepared statements.

Nick Kew

View raw message