apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg Smith (gsmith)" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: missed aprutil.make file
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:03:11 GMT
On 3/10/2013 1:32 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2013, at 05:03, shangyu wrote:
>> does anyone care about this issue?
> I have no idea what issue.   But since noone has replied ...
>
> Isn't nmake some Windows thing that's a halfway-house between
> MSVC++ and an old-unix-like build environment?  Maybe noone on
> this list uses it regularly enough to check what you're talking about.
> Is it supposed to be a supported environment?

Just like make on *nix.

>> When compile apr-util-1.5.1 with nmake , this file is missed . Any suggestion ? Many
thanks!!!
> You mean you get a fatal error?
> Have you googled the error message?
> If you think it's a bug, you can enter it in bugzilla, so someone
> booting up Windows and nmake will have a record of it.
> Your best chance is if you can provide a patch.

It's nothing that can be patched. The last couple "win32" releases have
not included the .mak & .dep files. The last release to have them was
1.3.last. You can see them scattered through the branch in svn. They are
generated by VC6, which is rather dead except for those of us that just
won't let go of it :) They can be used to build on the command line with
almost every version of VC or just any of the available SDKs.  APR* can
be built in the VC IDE without the need for them.

For shangyu I've attached a set, they've not been tested so MMV but they
should work.

Gregg