apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: missed aprutil.make file
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 04:41:39 GMT
On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 14:13:25 +0800
shangyu <yushang@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi dear all,When compile apr-util-1.5.1 with nmake , this file is
> missed . Any suggestion ? Many thanks!!!

As has been pointed out, this was last updated with 1.3.x.

In each successive 1.x release, some old and crusty maintainer
must crawl out of the woodwork to deliver newly exported .mak
(not .make) files for win32 based on the files we have added or
deleted from the new version-minor.  Or patch them by hand (prone
to error and a PITA).

I'd generally been unavailable and Gregg is new to this role, and
realistically it should end, now.

The right solution is to export them using the (portable) scons or
cmake.  My own preference is cmake, which I've worked on quite a bit
in the past couple years.  Paul introduced a partial scons solution
to the trunk of the apr build schema.

We chatted a bit about this at hackathon in Portland, but I'd love
a show of hands of apr project members, who would be actively willing
to foster the existing scons solution, and who is actively interested
in maintaining a new cmake solution, if offered?

Bill