apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Question about httpd memory buffer alignment
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:29:53 GMT
On Friday 11 January 2013, Zhe Zhang wrote:
> I would like httpd to use 4K-aligned buffers so that I can do
> direct I/O on the html files being served. Could anyone tell me
> which file I need to modify? I've already changed
> APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE to 8192 so at least the buffer size is
> multiple of 4K.

There is "--enable-allocator-uses-mmap" when compiling apr. It will
cause the apr allocator to do page aligned allocations.

But I think that would only be the first step because apr will always
put some management struct (apr_memnode_t and/or node_header_t) at the
start of the allocated space. This would somehow have to be changed so
that the management stuff is placed somewhere else.