apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1394552 - in /apr/apr/trunk: Makefile.in build.conf build/crypto.m4 build/dso.m4 crypto/apr_crypto.c crypto/apr_crypto_commoncrypto.c include/apr.h.in include/apr.hnw include/apr.hw include/apr_crypto.h test/testcrypto.c
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 00:25:14 GMT
On 05 Oct 2012, at 11:10 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

>>> Maybe I am missing something, but why doing the same tests again if they failed?
>>
>> No idea, this is templated off the openssl tests, which seem to do the same thing.
>>
>> I don't see a reason why the openssl tests are done twice, can you confirm?
>
> That part seems to have been added by you back in 2008:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=692949

I am aware of that, however what I was asking was whether there was some problem that is solved
by running the tests twice, maybe some subtle detail in the two tests that I have missed.
It would be nice to get a second opinion on this rather than just yanking it out and then
discovering it broke something for somebody.

The openssl crypto.m4 config was templated from the did.m4 config, which also runs tests twice.
It would be a good thing to get eyeballs on this to ensure it is fixed too.

Regards,
Graham