if testdbd is first, seems to have passed, but I shall try the -x option as soon as I get the development server turned on again.

If it is happening elsewhere, then maybe it is not just IBM's way of doing iconv.

It looks like a segmentation error after a pipe call to /bin/sh. I was thinking, once I know where to look, to do the iconv command manually and/or as a regular script and see if that tells me/i.e., you, anything useful to determine the cause.