Thanks Ben,

That might be an interesting hack to try, although I wonder whether some of our friends running mod_pagespeed on FreeBSD might run into trouble with it.  I did confirm that my prefork build has APR built with APR_HAS_THREADS, which for some reason I had earlier thought was not the case.

Do you have a feel for the exact meaning of that TTL parameter to apr_memcache_server_create?

-Josh

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Ben Noordhuis <info@bnoordhuis.nl> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Joshua Marantz <jmarantz@google.com> wrote:
> RE "failing the build of my module" -- the dominant usage is via
> precompiled binaries we supply.  Is there an apr query for determining
> whether apr was compiled with threads I could do on startup?

I don't think there's an official way but you know apr was compiled
with APR_HAS_THREADS when dlsym(NULL, "apr_os_thread_current") !=
NULL.

Using dlsym() like that is not quite compatible with POSIX but it
works on all the major Unices.