Dear all,

  I failed in opening the thread feature when configuring on Cygwin on windows 7.

 I find the configure will disable the enable_threads on cygwin and enable it on mingw. Why?

  Does apr support thread on Cygwin?

Configure:

25144    *mingw*)

25145        OSDIR="win32"

25146        enable_threads="system_threads"

25147        eolstr="\\r\\n"

25148        file_as_socket=0

25149        proc_mutex_is_global=1

25150        OBJECTS_PLATFORM='$(OBJECTS_win32)'

25151        ;;

25152    *cygwin*)

25153        OSDIR="unix"

25154        enable_threads="no"

25155        eolstr="\\n"

Log:

$ ./configure --prefix=$PWD/../cygwin --enable-threads=yes

checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin

checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin

checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin

Configuring APR library

Platform: i686-pc-cygwin

checking for working mkdir -p... yes

APR Version: 1.4.5

checking for chosen layout... apr

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe

checking for suffix of executables... .exe

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed

Applying APR hints file rules for i686-pc-cygwin

  setting CPPFLAGS to "-DCYGWIN"

(Default will be unix)

checking for gawk... gawk

checking whether ln -s works... yes

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking for rm... rm

checking for as... as

checking for cpp... cpp

checking for ar... ar

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep

checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking minix/config.h usability... no

checking minix/config.h presence... no

checking for minix/config.h... no

checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes

checking for library containing strerror... none required

checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no

performing libtool configuration...

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed

checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe

checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes

checking for /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe option to reload object files... -r

checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B

checking how to recognize dependent libraries... file_magic ^x86 archive import|^x86 DLL

checking for dlltool... dlltool

checking for objdump... objdump

checking dlfcn.h usability... yes

checking dlfcn.h presence... yes

checking for dlfcn.h... yes

checking for g++... g++

checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E

checking for g77... no

checking for xlf... no

checking for f77... no

checking for frt... no

checking for pgf77... no

checking for cf77... no

checking for fort77... no

checking for fl32... no

checking for af77... no

checking for xlf90... no

checking for f90... no

checking for pgf90... no

checking for pghpf... no

checking for epcf90... no

checking for gfortran... no

checking for g95... no

checking for xlf95... no

checking for f95... no

checking for fort... no

checking for ifort... no

checking for ifc... no

checking for efc... no

checking for pgf95... no

checking for lf95... no

checking for ftn... no

checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no

checking whether  accepts -g... no

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192

checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok

checking for objdir... .libs

checking for ar... (cached) ar

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib

checking for strip... strip

checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -DDLL_EXPORT

checking if gcc PIC flag -DDLL_EXPORT works... yes

checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes

checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe

configure: creating libtool

appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool

checking for ld used by g++... /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe

checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes

checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -DDLL_EXPORT

checking if g++ PIC flag -DDLL_EXPORT works... yes

checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes

checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports shared libraries... yes

checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe

(cached) (cached) checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool

Check for compiler flags...

checking whether the compiler provides atomic builtins... yes

checking whether to enable -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE... no

Checking for libraries...

checking for library containing gethostbyname... none required

checking for library containing gethostname... none required

checking for library containing socket... none required

checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt

checking for main in -ltruerand... no

checking for library containing modf... none required

Checking for Threads...

APR will be non-threaded

Best Regards

Chunwei Liu