apr-dev mailing list archives

From olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: apu-util DBD back-ends
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 16:07:49 GMT
On 2012-09-07 22:08, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Thursday 16 August 2012, olli hauer wrote:
>> My my intention comes from the FreeBSD ports system.
>> We do not use the bundled apr/apr-util from apache, there we use
>> apr / apr-util as own port. (Perhaps with apr-1.4.6 and
>> apr-util-1.5 in a view weeks).
>>
>> This separation allows us to use an actual apr/apr-util and the
>> user to build apr with different backends, but then we do not have
>> enough information in the apache port to construct build params
>> and dependency lists ...
>
> I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve. The apache
> port should not need any different build params or dependency lists
> depending on which dbd backends are available. Having a dependency on
> the apr-util port and calling apu-1-config should be enough. Or do you
> have to list all of apr-util's dependencies in the apache port, too?

Hi Stefan,

please forget about this request, I found another way by checking the
existence of lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbd_(mysql|pgsql|sqlite|...).so

Reason behind the original idea.
In FreeBSD the user can customize nearly every apache build option,
and you will notice the user about invalid combinations before a build
starts, else you end up to analyze user build logs to find out the user
has chosen for example AUTHN_DBD but apr was build without DBD support.

--
Regards,
olli