apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.5.0
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:11:39 GMT
On 10.08.2012 22:05, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed tests.
>
> On Friday 10 August 2012, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> If you don't need to release before, I would like to fix the LDADD
>> use over the weekend, but it is not a show stopper.
>
> It seems I will be busy in the next few days. It is unlikely that I
> T&R 1.5.1 before next Wednesday.

That will give me time to build 1.5 head and run the httpd test suite
before tagging.

>> Another nice to have would be an expat update to 2.1.0.
>
> Has anyone looked into this before and knows how much work this is?

not really, but I regularly built it with external expat, so at least I
hope there's no compatibility issue. I will have a look.

> Another nice to have fix would be support for newer Berkley DB
> versions (PR 53684).

I just now committed my alternative patch, which puts an end to copy the
whole BDB detection macros for each new version. The macros where the
same for the last 13 BDB versions except for the numbers. Needs some
more testing though, so more eyes welcome.

Regards,

Rainer