apr-dev mailing list archives

From olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.5.0
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:58:42 GMT
On 2012-08-07 21:09, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 August 2012, Eric Covener wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Tarballs/zipfiles are at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
>>>
>>> It includes many bug fixes and new built-in bcrypt support.
>>>
>>> Full CHANGES are here:
>>> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/CHANGES-APR-UTIL-1.5
>>>
>>> +/-1
>>> [  ]  Release apr-util 1.5.0 as GA
>>
>> r1357772 moved some code that depended on apu_config.h to
>> apr_passwd.c which didn't include it.   On AIX this triggers a
>> compile-time error but on other platforms it probably causes APU
>> to use crypt() with our own mutex.
>
> Thanks for catching this. I will T&R 1.5.1 in a few days.
>
> But if somebody else with a platform that is not Linux, AIX, Netware,
> or Windows wants to do some testing first, that would be appreciated.
> Maybe Solaris or FreeBSD, anyone?
>
> It seems on Netware, apr-util 1.5 only builds with the svn version of
> APR 1.4 because of some build system changes. Looking at the CHANGES
> file, I think releasing apr 1.4.7 as well may be a good idea. If
> anyone wants to add some final fixes there, go ahead. In particular,
> it would be nice if those Netware build-system changes would get a
> CHANGES entry, too.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Test on FreeBSD-8.3 (amd64) apr-1.4.6 + apu-util-1.5.0
Let me know if I have to adjust something for the tests
eg. special apache build for htpasswd ...

teststrmatch        : SUCCESS
testuri             : SUCCESS
testuuid            : SUCCESS
testbuckets         : SUCCESS
testpass            : FAILED 1 of 5
testmd4             : SUCCESS
testmd5             : SUCCESS
testcrypto          : SUCCESS
testdbd             : SUCCESS
testdate            : SUCCESS
testmemcache        : SUCCESS
testxml             : SUCCESS
testxlate           : SUCCESS
testrmm             : SUCCESS
testdbm             : SUCCESS
testqueue           : SUCCESS
testreslist         : SUCCESS
Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testpass                    5      1     20.00%
*** Error code 1

--
Cheers
olli